Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Friday, June 1, 2012

City Of Bones

City of Bones Plot Summary
** New Major Motion Picture**
  A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this book.  This time around I was having trouble deciding what I wanted to read and started several different books to no avail.  I started reading this on a flight and I got hooked into the odd story.  I have come to accept in books that I need to disregard what age the author has placed the main characters in always, some of my fav books the actual ages of the characters are completely ridiculous.  Anyway rambling..these guys are supposed to be 15 (who remembers what they were like at 15) and hot demon killing badasses!! Yea well in my minds eye they are more like 23 but that is because i'm getting old and  jaded about the teen age.  The book started kinda slow but picked up after a few chapters.  This girl character is very damsel in distress; having the chick just let the boys save her when necessary and not arguing so much about it is ok once in a while.   The male character it the typical sexy emotionally and physically scarred badass with a soft spot for the new girl.  The creepers through out are pretty cool and described in good if somewhat confusing detail.  I had trouble picturing some of the characters or places in the book just because I couldn't wrap my mind around what the hell the  author was talking about. (some say this is a evidence of a good writer, one to stretch the imagination of the reader)  I was, of course I think I'm seeing a pattern, disappointed in the end  of the book or at least the big "twist" in the end slightly grossed out and just bummed so much so that I will continue with the second book but if I'm not more impressed I may stop the series, at this point I could probably tell you how it ends if the direction doesn't change. 



Good Teen Book


Rating~~4

No comments:

Post a Comment