Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Only Living Witness

THe Only Living Witness Plot Summary
 
Creepy psycho killer Ted Bundy's story, I will say this book was much better than the BTK crime book. The authors gave you the case facts helped you put it together, but didn't force a blatant story on you.  That's not to say the story didn't have that rose colored tint on the side of the police, that was apparent when the author's poked a little fun at Bundy's tactics and mistakes.  The author's tried to use his inevitable mistakes to  "prove" even the most elusive and sick criminals miss a step and the PO-PO will always be there to get you...bad boys bad boys wacha gonna do... you know the cops always prosper like CSI or whatever.  It was disturbing to see into the mind of  a psycho.  You don't get specific gross details and there are no pictures so the gag factor is low but the cringe factor is significantly higher, you get more of the raw facts. (like stain was found here and the body like this what does that suggest?)  Bundy's  reference and manipulation of women is a little creepy all throughout the book especially in his direct quotes.  The book takes you through his various known murders, how he acquired his victims all the way through his trials, appeals, and final electrocution.  He was admitting to killing women on his last day of life.  Its' weird to think that for every 1 caught there are 3 more out there.  That's why I don't do statistics



Good for a psych paper

Rating~~3 

3 comments:

  1. have you read the Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule?? It's also about Ted Bundy.. Ann Rule was a friend of Ted B., she and Bundy worked together in nocturnal shifts at a nine-one-one hotline. It's insane that a man who saved so many lives answering desperate phone calls from strangers, all the time was a killer himself. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i did see that one and thought about reading stranger. After reading this book though they downplay how accurate that particular rendition is. I kinda of lost interest in it after hearing that the the book was considered a joke by crime writers =/ kinda snotty i know but if i'm not interested somewhat i won't finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this few times. It's also under a different title called "Conversations with a Killer". There are slight variations, which is to say that one has a few more quotes than the other but nothing significant. This book stood out to me as the best book on Bundy and I can see only one author possibly surpassing its attention to detail, and that's Kevin Sullivan. In this book however, it's Bundy's account of the murders of Naslund and Ott that really disturbed me. I'm not easily shaken but when the author asked if there was any concern from either girl for the other, Bundy says something along the lines of, not at all, the only concern was for self preservation. To think that these girls were begging him to kill the other one first and that he enjoyed it. Then killed one in front of the other just to show the second what was about to happen to her next is what lifted the veil for me. He didn't go into great detail but it was vivid enough to envision and make my blood run cold. Very few authors have the fortitude to print such things, but for those who want a glimpse of the side of Bundy you only heard about, read that page and you won't want another peek.

    ReplyDelete