Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Princess Bride

The Princess Bride Plot Summary

One of the best romance movies of all times, watching the grandpa read to the kid in the first part of the movie always made me want to read it.  I some how managed to be at a Barnes and Nobel (astonishing) and I passed this book on the shelf and I jumped on it thinking FINALLY!  I saw this cover of the book and was slightly disappointed; because I thought it had the movie cover, so I looked for a different copy, turns out this is a drawing based on the movie (technically not the same thing) so I was free and clear to buy this copy.  The Princess Bride, transformed from pages to the silver screen more accurately to the original story than I've ever seen; turns out that was because the author of the book also wrote the script for the movie. (for future reference in order not to ruin a book this should be the eternal rule for all book to movie revisions)  I'm sorry to say that the book was not as good as I'd hoped. The book was written in fourth person?lol?  Basically the idea is that this is an abridged version of a story written by a second man.  This is all a fake out, there is no 2nd author, but since the story is told in the point of view of this fake author its a weird perspective to follow.  We have author 2(fake) and author 1(goldman) who during the entire book comments, in personal asides, on the ludicrousness of author 2s telling of the story even though they are the same person.  Confused yet? It was a little hard to follow and I will say I kinda started skipping over the asides by the end.  As a whole the story was still a good one and clearly fictional despite the authors constant attempts to persuade you otherwise.  This style of writing made the story more confusing and  for me less interesting to much back and forth to concentrate on the the main story.  I think this is the only time I will ever say the movie was better...whether that's because it was a childhood favorite or whether the book was just not written well as a novel I dunno; I would like to think its because of the way it was written so I look less biased but whatever makes you warm and fuzzy is fine.


Good for a movie not a book

Rating~~4

No comments:

Post a Comment