Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Monday, June 11, 2012

City of Ashes

City of Ashes Plot Summary

 
The second mortal instruments book, I only continued on because my friend assured me that the series did get better after the first book, turns out she was right.  This sequel can be added to a short list of books that I classify as better than the original book.  The action really picked up in this book which made it more interesting right off the bat, and there was less of the poor me love triangle BS that gets old fast.  There were a few unexpected turns in this book which proved one of my previous complaints incorrect.(too predictable)   There is still the very odd love story present throughout but fortunately, it isn't as prominent in this book as it was in the mourning teenage drama original.  This book is more of finding out what the villain will do next and why, the real history of what happened to the main characters, and the love of family it just has more sustenance. The villain still has a seductive lure to his son in the book and you catch yourself wondering if his kid will fall for it all.  I still believe I can predict the way the romance story will end, and if the series is any good how it will end, but after the second book I am more inclined to find out what happens in the middle.  I have requested from my friend the third and fourth book of this series and hope that it continues with the mystery and violence(PG) to an awesome climax.  There are quite a few books in the series so lets hope the author doesn't over write the story just for more books/money.

good for girls/women most ages

Rating~~3 

No comments:

Post a Comment