Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

50 Shades of Grey

Here is the best selling book according to EVERYONE!  One of my besties sent me this book and said you have to read this, my mother-in-law called and said have you read this?! you must! (in hindsight gross) I read the synopsis several times to understand what the hype was about and didn't get it.  Well I bowed to peer pressure and read the book and I say BORING!! OMG it had good parts but the writing in this book was awful if I never read the words "baby," "groan," or "delicious" ever again it will be too soon.  It was the same thing over and over again, by the end I was skipping pages just to get to the end.  The last 30 pages or so it finally starts getting interesting but not enough to make me want to go into the second book.  It will just be more of the same and bleh it was hard enough the first time around.  The love story was ok, the heroine is strong in some aspects and I like that, but the entire book builds to a decision that is decided on three different times and still changes.. so annoying.  And the poor hero has a predominately f'ed up up bringing. Here is a controlling bastard, but the hints of his abuse as a child and the denial of his abuse during his teen years is upsetting. not to mention he continued a relationship with his abuser well into adulthood always reminding him what happened, no wonder he was messed up I would be too. BTW on a tangent what woman who knows she has freaky hard core sex constantly, wears white cotton panties to see her man?  That is completely ridiculous no 23yo wears white cotton panties these days especially if she expects to have sex! I think people were just surprised by the sex scenes in the book and S&M is not THAT interesting.  I know how the trilogy ends you know how it ends everyone knows by about chapter 5.  I almost gave up at chapter 4 and wouldn't have missed much if I had.  All in all skip it move on unless you need a boost in your sex drive/life.  No offense to my peeps who loved it, I love you still but not this.


Good for the sex drive

Rating~~5

3 comments:

  1. I would have to agree. Great for the sex drive. Terrible writing. But I did like the under tones of females sexuality, sexual abuse and it's long term damage and the male/ female roles in today's society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Fifty Shades Darker more than Fifty Shades Freed and Fifty Shades of Grey.. You're a YA reader!!


    follow me back!

    http://renalapaisano.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like reading bad fan-fiction. I'm glad you were not won over by the masses that seem to love this book.

    ReplyDelete