Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Alice in Wonderland (original 1903)


This is the leather bound book from Barnes and Noble and I would say skip it just get the regular book for Alice.  This particular book include a lot of Lewis Carroll's short stories or poems.  At the time I did not realize this even though it says it on the cover. (yea I know)  I liked the book but once again its one of those books that jumps all over the place.  It was written for children but the child in this book is very smart for what is supposed to be a 5-7 year old girl.  Not the point, sorry.  The Disney film has nothing on the book I will say that.  You don't get the true chaoticness of this story from the movie.  There is a lot of poetry in this story, most of which someone in their mid-twenties has not heard of.  The only reason I knew some of this was because a very accurate Alice in Wonderland show I watched as a child with lloootttsss of big names for the time like Ringo Starr and Carol Channing singing and dancing around in costumes.  The book of course elaborates more on explanations of situations and seems to draw a better picture of what wonderland really seems to be like to a child. I find that even now I am having trouble finishing this review, it has taken me a week so it may take you a while to get through the actual book. I don't know how to do the book justice in this situation.  Its hard to explain a story with no plot lol.

Good for bed time stories for your kids

Rating--3

No comments:

Post a Comment