Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Kiss of Shadows

Kiss of Shadows Plot Summary
So this is a re-read.  I can't seem to get in to any new books so I figured I would try reading some of my old favorites.  I went with this particular favorite because the next book in the series is coming out in June, and I didn't want to be lost when I read the next one.  This author is known more for her Anita Blake series rather than her Merry Gentry, which means that a new books for Merry don't happen as often (last one was 2 years ago).  The synopsis link is for the authors website which is in major need of a better web designer but it gets the information across. ( P.S. I know everything on this blog is stock with no web design in sight put i'm not a professional either!)  Anyway, on with the relevant, there is a reason I liked these books! 50 shades can suck it.  The difference with this is that not all the people in this story are human, its a book of magic and fairies but not Disney style more like rough and ready style.  The book is quite graphic with lots of blood and boning(very technical term).  I would say this is not for the squeamish or traditionalists and definitely not one to discuss with the family over dinner.  This is for the imagination that is not deterred by violence in the sack or characters that have tentacles, extra appendages, or horns.  Some of the men were gods and that are the colors of the rainbow.  I will say the authors imagination in creating these characters is quite impressive.  The author can get a little distracted though, I found myself saying "get to the point" on occasion.  For instance, she went on a 3 page tangent about a guy removing 1 stocking! 1!  It did build up the sexual tension, she was very good at sexual tension, I just don't think its the best time right before a climax in the story, not to be confused with the characters actual climax.  After finishing the book I did wonder if the authors sex life might be a little twisted to come up with some of these scenarios.  Alas, to each his own and none of my business but hmmmm...  From what I remember the series gets more risque as the books progress so if the sex/violence in this was to much for you then stop here this is not the series for you.  This is not a book that one "relates" to, it is way out there for entertainment value kinda thing.  I am starting the next book almost immediately so stay tuned.   

Good for romance/adults
Rating~~1


No comments:

Post a Comment