Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Book Thief



This book was excellent.  I wouldn't call this the feel good read of the year or anything, this story broke my heart to read, while it may be fiction something similar could have really happened.  I really liked that Death was the narrator.  In his direct perspective he liked to described everything in colors, including the skies above the concentration camps, it was an interesting albeit morbid take on things.  Since Death was telling the story based on his observations, the story is told in snippets from the main characters life.  I like when the author has the reader popping into the story at different intervals instead of one continuous story line.  You don't get a lot of extra fluff story.  The downside is that you know the characters fate before you even get to know who they are.  I guess when you know they are gonna die before they should you connect with the character  faster.  It seems the point of this book was to show that not all Germans during the Nazi era were bastards.  They were just people living their lives same as always.  Not everyone is an extremist, some did not agree with their government but what choice did they have?  Some Germans, more than I'm sure were given credit, risked everything; their life, family, what little they had, to help the people that the government kept saying was evil and dangerous.  I think the book showed that people did what they could.  It's nice to finally  read a book I really enjoyed even if it took me a while.  I seem to have been picking duds lately.  Maybe that's why i'm reading less :/      
                                           P.S. I know that this was fiction its the message that's important



Good for moral evalution
Rating--1  

No comments:

Post a Comment