Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Stroke of Midnight

 
A Stroke of Midnight Plot Summary
So it seems that Merry can't seem to keep her legs together, or her body parts to herself!  Maybe because she is a descendent of a fertility deity or maybe its just the  magic but I surely don't know how she can have so much sex and have energy left for anything else, its crazy.  She also begs the men to perform a certain activity that most women would be glad that they didn't have to perform so often.  When the men won't let her she gets angry with them!  Its like a men's dream world.  I will say that at least she doesn't have to have sex all the time sometimes just a touch will bring the power back.  This book took place over maybe a 12 hour period which means that she still didn't meet at either of the other courts.  I wished we could have moved on a little, at least made it to the meetings at the he goblins, the slaugh, or the seelie court but none of that came to pass.  The magic started coming back to the Unseelie court so time sslloowweed way down  which is why they managed to pack a days worth of events in just a few hours.  Merry gains even more guards like she needed more and she kept them all busy.  There was some serious torture happening in this one that was described.  Like in earlier books she just sent the traitors to Ezekiel or Merry left the room but not in this book.  You get to hear all about the horrible things the Queen likes to do.  There is also some very impressive political tap dancing, but not so mush that it gets annoying.  There is more death in this book, you know for an immortal race they seem to die more than they should.  We almost lose a major character, but that didn't happen.  I get why they didn't let him die but it would be a good twist and give Merry and the guards motivation to find out and prove who is behind all the attempts. It might put a little ice in her veins, she really is kind of a wimp she might not be a great ruler when all of her followers are conniving and evil and she is so passive.  She will die before she sits on the throne.  Get Evil Merry!!

Rating~~2

No comments:

Post a Comment