Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

From Dead to Worse

  
So I am cruzing right along in the Sookie books which is a good thing considering that the final book has been released and I haven't even bought it yet.  I am looking forward to reading it and hopefully the ending doesn't suck!  I don't read a story for this long to get a real world ending I want a happy ever after with Sookie and Eric, though I know that prolly won't happen!  Any way that is still several books away so not an issue for discussion yet.  So, the build up of a very busy book begins with Sookie discovering a new and interesting family member whom causes her to re-think her grandmothers sweet innocence.  Turns out Sookie wasn't just a victim of a crazy gene mutation, her family is more paranormal than we originally thought and it explains why the giant douche Jason is so desirable to the opposite sex.  This is not the only family revelation Sookie has in this book, turns out she has more family than she ever thought.  Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your outlook she is not the only one with gifts passed down from her paranormal heritage.  Quinn succumbs to his predicted fate, though later than guessed, in this book whomp whomp...out the door he goes because of his bat sh!t crazy family that will always come first in his life.  Anyone whose dated a mama's boy/daddy's girl knows how unfun it can be to be considered second no matter what. The umbilical cord was not only reason Sookie tossed him out, after Rhodes Quinn just evaporated and we hear nothing for weeks, not saying he didn't have a good reason but what do you expect?!  She can only assume he bailed on her and move on, but nooooooo he expects her to be waiting and pining after him for months with no word...men.  Next hurdle, Sookie seems to have evolved from being the wrong place wrong time girl to the object of  a lot of death plots girl; she is always on the brink of death in all of these books(otherwise where is the fun?) but it hasn't really been her fault up to now, it had to more to do with who/what she associates with.  Now several people are actively seeking HER out not only as a vamp lover/ sympathizer but as a telepath and a meddler.  She gets beaten up for these reasons often enough but this time around we see several groups of people looking for her specifically.  Because of this I think at this point I will not only keep count of the times that Sookie gets beaten to a pulp, but also her numerous brushes with death.  It's really kind of ridiculous when you see them all lined up and the time between  each attempt.  Considering Sookie is mortal and relatively fragile she had proven very hard to kill, maybe its just her good fortune or maybe it is the vampires and weres and fairies always hovering around her because she is not exactly a force to be reckoned with.  I don't know what it is but I wish I had just a little of her luck to play the lotto!  Finally there are the vampires and their mess of problems.  We left the Queen legless, Andre dead, several dead sheriffs, and a very weakened state for the LA vamps.  Well, somehow Sookie is once again caught in the middle of a dangerous situation, why she can't leave things alone or say no is beyond me, so a vamp war ends at her door.  It ends better than expected but the violence is never ending 

Good for the feminists Sookie holds her own sort of...if there is such a thing against supes

Rating~~2

 **means that Sookie wasn't physically hurt                 
 
                                                                                                             
 ***Sookie is nearly                       *** Sookie is ambushed              Beaten and bitten   
     shot by crazy Were                                   at library                       during Were War
    
**Sookie is cornered by
    legion of vampires

No comments:

Post a Comment