Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dead as a Doornail



Dead as a Doornail Plot Summary
So I finished this book eons ago and due to several simultaneous technical malfunctions, I am just now getting around to doing my review; so long that I've almost forgotten what I've read.  I remember enough to say that the fifth installment of the Sookie adventures left me disappointed.  Since this is such a long series (13 books) instead of my usual trilogy I say that puts her right on par with the horrible middle book curse.  This is referring to the problems that are in most sequels, but in longer series it tends to be the middlish book. You have the end of the first book/story and the build up to the final story.  This book tends to be mostly filler of information that may come in handy later but at this early stage seem to be useless unrelated information.  In proper style there was brutal action and some teasing sexy activities, neither of which really contributed to this books story line.  The villain/s seemed like a reach from writers block hell and there is little appearance from my favorite characters.  There were a few bright spots in the book like the new sexy were in town, and the packmaster competition while brutal kept my interest up.  There was also an appearance of a new character Claudine who seems to show up at very useful times in Sookie's life or soon to be end of anyway.  The cheeze of her being a "fairy godmother"  is almost too much, but not quite because I love her innocence amongst all the evil.  I feel like this book is just one big pouty face from all the men in the series directed at Sookie for not being what they want which usually is theirs.  I don't like the direction Alcide is moving in either, I liked him with Sookie even despite his crazy girlfriend, but I guess you can't get over a girl killing the dysfunctional love of your life.  There seems to be a jumble of stories going on in this book and none of them have anything to do with the other.  I find this very frustrating but since I am a Sookie fan I will read on to the bigger and better adventure.  Unfortunately, since it has been so long I may not be accurate on my typical Sookie a$$ kicking tally to the blog mostly because I don't remember all of them.  I know that is terrible but I didn't want to re-read it not really worth it.


Good for the lover's of the two natured

Rating~~4


   Sookie Nearly Dies in a Fire          Sookie is Shot              


     

No comments:

Post a Comment