Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

All Together Dead

                                                     

The much anticipated vampire summit or convention if you will has finally come, Sookie and the LA vamps are off to Rhodes.  The summit was originally scheduled for March but was postponed due to a questionable weather witch and then again because of hurricane Katrina.  Hurricane Katrina was such a major event I was pleased to see the author incorporate it into the story; it affected so many and the
economy of LA so much that it would
have seemed a cop-out if it hadn't been referred to.  It actually plays such a big part in the queens story I wonder what the author had planned before the storm occurred.  From the groups arrival in Rhodes you can tell there is some kind of plan forming because of all the odd things that happen at the pyramid hotel.  There are several different plots afoot in this book not only on the fellowship side but from the vamp side as well.  On this trip Sookie starts to realize the precarious line she walks in the vampire world, especially as more people find out about her ability.  The queen and her flunkies notice how beneficial it is having a telepath at their beck and call and because of this her freedom in life and of choice is nearly ripped away from her on more than one occasion.  This does not go over well and fortunately because Eric always seems to be just around the corner he sort of saves the day.  She is forced to choose either take Eric's blood or be tied to Andre the queens right hand for the rest of her life Andre is a pretty scary dude so she chooses Eric.(naturally) What she didn't know was that the 3rd blood exchange (which was this one) is a significant one.  Sookie starts to feel Eric's presence much more strongly and gets more comfort from him just being around which considering her relationship with sexy tiger is a little awkward.  On the other side of things Eric feels all of Sookie's emotions to the n'th level which he finds troublesome when he ends up in the pathway of a bomb.  This book just continued my deep love for Eric though.  He is so badass that he was able to break his hotel window slide down a pyramid and fly all during the daytime, fighting the vamp urge to sleep and the overwhelming pain of sizzling in the sun, while saving not only Sookie but Pam as well.  That is his second time saving Sookie in this book alone...I love him so much she needs to just give in to him.  Meanwhile the sexy tiger Quinn made it past my book and a half prediction it seems but I'm wondering if he is on his way out of Sookie's good graces, he doesn't do anything to deserve this but she is easily distracted.  Quinn does spend alotta time down and out in this book mostly because he is protecting the ever in distress Sookie.  I do wish she would just become a vampire so she isn't so "poor me I need a big strong man to save me"  as much, she could be bad ass like Pam.  Barry the telepath from book three shows back up and does have a significant roll and we see Sookie expand her gift with the help of Barry which is definitely a change from the last time they met up.  There is a lot of death and destruction this time around but the casualties seem to be more on the vampire side than the human side.  **No plot summary link because of computer problems   


Good for the action

Rating~~3
 



Sookie nearly blown                             Sookie nearly impaled          Sookie nearly blown
up by Dr. Pepper                                        by an arrow                         up in the hotel
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment