Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Definately Dead

Definitely Dead Plot Summary     
So hopefully this book begins the uphill rise of the bell curve in the Sookie saga.  It was definitely better than the previous book.  Bill falls very far from grace in this book, finally, and thank god.  He crossed the line that prevented Sookie from ever being able to forgive him, I guess nearly draining her and raping her was ok but this, this was too far, women are soo weird like that.  Anyway, Sookie moves on to the sexy tiger Quinn in this segment though given her history he will only last about a book and half at most and then from there he will ache and brood after her from the sidelines.  P.S. why does she always have these delicious men following her around that are never good enough?  The one sad note in their relationship was a very pathetic attempt at a sex scene.   It was roughly quoted as "the best I've had"  when it was just dry humping and groping almost fully clothed.  This ridiculous statement proves that they are either really inexperienced or just easily satisfied, needless to say I was very disappointed.  Quinn is a tiger; I want crazy hot talons and animal sexiness not teenage grope fest arrg.  Now that, that is said, the peril that Sookie faced this time around seemed like much less of a stretch. For the first time Sookie leaves po-dunk Louisiana for the big city of New Orleans; her trip is initiated by the Queen of Louisiana to clean out her now twice dead cousin's apartment who was also coincidentally the Queen's play toy.  Turns out the queen had more of a motive for having Sookie to come right just now.  In anger Hadley (cousin) had hidden something belonging to the queen that would lead to war if not recovered.  Alas, this mystery object is not the only thing waiting for Sookie in her cousin's apartment ,she also discovers a half vampire half werewolf in the closet when he tries to eat her, which is not a new experience for her, but afterwards vampire or Were doesn't know quite what to do with him.  We get to see some very interesting magic from several of the witches of N.O. and by the end Sookie gains a roommate!  Hopefully this will deter the revolving door of unauthorized visitors in and around her house.  On that note Debbie's obsessive family is still poking around Sookie because they swear she knows more than she is telling; this is when we meet Debbie's similarly crazy adopted sister.  She blows them off as she has twice before, but this time it bites her in the a$$ literally.  So a big party, the Pelt family, a brief appearance from the sexy Eric, very little to no Bill, witches, a super sexy tiger and the king of Arkansas (my home state) sum up this very active book.  I really liked it, refills my faith in the series


good for the mystery solver

Rating~~1
 

Attacked  by                  Attempted meal for     Kidnapped and
drugged up Were's           baby vampire             beaten by ??

No comments:

Post a Comment