Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Friday, October 9, 2015

The Martian

The Martian Plot Summary
So when I stared reading this book I didn't realize that it was about to be a movie.  A friend of mine gave me the run down on what it was about and e-mailed me the book.  Yes, that's right e-mailed.  This was my first experience with an electronic book.  I had to download the kindle app and read it on my tiny iPhone screen.  While I appreciate my friend giving it to me i'm so glad I never got an e-reader y'all techies can keep 'em i'll stick to my paper copies.  I know they take up more space but they don't require batteries and they don't make my eyes/head hurt after reading for too long.  On a separate note since this was an electronic copy I had no cover so I just went with the basic non-movie cover.

I really enjoyed this book.  The main character was funny and likable, I actually laughed out loud while reading this book which doesn't happen often.  The main guy was easy to root for all alone in that wasteland.  He kept good spirits despite insurmountable odds and horrible loneliness. The technical stuff and NASA protocol from what i've heard is pretty accurate and incredibly in-depth.  The writer really did some major homework to make sure the book was as accurate as possible. On the down side, there were times that I zoned out while reading just like I did in school.  I never claimed to be a genius, except in boastful jesting, and reading this book made that fact glaringly obvious.   The main reason for the wandering mind was on several occasions I had no idea what the hell the main charter was talking about; mechanics of oxygenators, engineering tasks, and scary math are not my forte.  It's hard to stay focused on what I could never comprehend, but at least I can admit that.  Other than the content that skyrocketed over my head I enjoyed this book, which says something because when stuff gets too technical I get bored.  This is one of the few non-chick books I've read in a while and it was totally worth it.  As always my best advice is read the book before seeing the movie!


Rating ~ 2

No comments:

Post a Comment