Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Zoo

Zoo Plot Summary
I've made it through another book.  I seem to be doing a better job picking books that keep my interest.  Maybe I need to steer away from the chick books for a bit, since they don't seem to be doing it for me as of late.  This book however was awesome.  Obviously a guy wrote it, I can tell by where he put his emphasis in the story line.  More on the action and science than on romance and relationships.  I'm absolutely not faulting him for this, it was refreshing.

Let me preface this entry by saying; i'm a huge lover of animals, not in a crazy vegan eating save all the animals no matter what kind of way, but more like animals deserve to be treated with respect considering they keep us alive and happy kind of way.

This book is not for kids or those who aren't ok with violence that is somewhat graphic.  I wouldn't say it was overly so but there were definitely times when I thought "Ouch, that would really suck," and added a line to "the ways I would never want to die" list.  The storyline was definitely an interesting view on how human pollution can affect the animal population, so much so that it resulted in catastrophic unforeseen consequences.  There also seemed to be a thought process that the animals (or more specifically mammals) were acting as the executioners to humanity as a result of their own selfish actions.  Hopefully, this does not reveal to much more than you would read in the synopsis if it does let me know.
The author jumped around a lot, usually at the most frustrating times and for which I became a little irritated.  They were like little cutaways that didn't have anything to do with the main story line (other than death by animal).  Of course I know this was to build and continue the suspense but arrg! Touche Mr. Patterson Touche.  This is a book that can be enjoyed by men and women which I find to be a rare occurrence.  Women are drawn by the animals men by the violence.  Yes, I'm stereotyping a little but hey they exist for a reason.  There is also a lot of scientific and political tones spread throughout the book but it isn't nauseatingly bad.   This is my first Patterson book and I must say I am impressed.  Good story line, seems well researched (not really my area but sounds accurate) and most important good grammar.  All of this attributed to my positive favor of this book, managed to finish it in about 3 days.

Rating ~ 2

No comments:

Post a Comment