Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Plot Summary
Duh duh duh duhhhhh!!!!   The second to last book, and the last of the HP books I have actually read, no matter how long ago.  The book was pretty great other than the awful but necessary ending.  As the story itself  goes I really enjoyed it, lots of action and some puzzle working, though one of the main conflicts is maddining, if I didn't already know the end (which is why the book usually comes before the movie) I would be livid with the whole of this book.  Not in a bad way,the build up to the final is awesome so much so I even sat and read in the middle of the afternoon until I finished it. There was only like 200 pages left but the point is I sat down and just read.  I forget how nice it is to sit and read on a nice day.  I do wish that I remembered how I felt after the first time I finished reading HP 6; before I knew how the whole story went down.  Yet another reason that TV is evil, it sucks you into a movie  series and you want to finish watching the movies but it then ruins the book.  On an off note the editor of this book must have fallen asleep on the job. I lost my groove several times trying to figure out the context of a word. Maybe I just don't know enough about a Brits word usage to realize twilit is in fact a word and used in 2 different tenses. Not the only mistake but one that stopped me several times while reading sad day. Anyway this book may be tied with HP 4 for my favorite HP and am looking foward to the final chapter. I'm almost glad she didn't cop out for the money and fame by keeping the series going after its prime.  I will warn readers that Harry takes and even deeper plunge into the dark side so if there are parents reading this keep this in mind for the young 'uns reading.  Death and torture in MILD doses.

Good for the darker HP fans  

Rating~1

No comments:

Post a Comment