Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Mockingjay

Mockingjay Plot Summary
 Hunger Games series finished...the trilogy took me about a week and half or two to devour.  The final book was just as easy a read as the other two were.  The rebellion is highlighted in the finale and it is violent and bloody considering this is a teen book, but some of the ways people die is kind of awful.  The last year of fighting once again brought about a type of hunger games scenario, run through the maze killing everyone in your way, the last ones alive win. This means that it is easy to lose 2 hours in a big fight scene and not realize it because you just want to find out who comes out in the end.  I will have to say there is a lot of death all around the board and I know this is hard on the main character, but I find it interesting that a 17 year old girl spends so much time in a drug induced haze to avoid her mental anguish.  Hahahaha sorry just kidding most everyone is like that at 17 no matter their circumstance, what I found interesting is that the author drew pretty obvious attention to the affects of drug use.  It took this thought, and the end of the final book to see the cliché author metaphor, while obviously a fictional story this was a book that had a strong ring of reality running through it, only a few tweaks to the circumstances could bring this to modern day. (not the killing kids thing but the war thing).  On first finishing the book, I was disappointed it didn't have the ending I wanted: I wanted a happy story book ending (which the author tried to remedy with the epilogue..bleh) but in real life there are no story book endings.  There was very little happy to be drawn from this series it was a story of a death and politics and how manipulation gets you what you want.  I enjoyed it not for this depressing reason, but because its comforting to see someone standing up for what's right not what's easy. Its how good stories start; with a hero.  None the less it could have used maybe a little brighter ray of sunshine somewhere before the epilogue.


Good for sensitive guys  if there are any

Rating~~3 

No comments:

Post a Comment