Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets




 
The second book in the famous HP books.  From the other books that I have read this book was one of my least favorites.  Maybe i'm just not a sequels kind of girl I don't know but i'm beginning to see a pattern in my reading.  Maybe its because that I am so impressed by the first book I want the second to be just as awesome and its hard to live up to a best seller hype on a deadline.  That may be what ruins it.  The author may spend years on a first book perfecting it and trying to get it published.  If it hits the best seller list unexpectedly then an author is forced to hurry a sequel for the fame or the money and sometimes sacrificing a good sequel.  On that note this book while having more action taken against the student body and less on Harry himself I found it to be somewhat slower and less interesting.  Not less enough to not continue the series but just in the grand scheme of things, I mean bad guy via book and silly ignorance eh.  Good to know what happened in the end but not exactly the most entertaining plan(absolutely nothing like the movie btw, for more action the movie makers switched the order of the ending).  On the other hand this book was aimed at kids.  The  evil  little bastard was smart as hell though especially for a student, and I can appreciate that but not what i'm looking for in witchy entertainment.


Good for a more of a mystery read
Rating--1(because I did)

No comments:

Post a Comment