Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone Plot Summary
So we all knew that this day would come that's right it's Harry Potter! I have read these books before but I was like 13 so I don't remember the important little details that help put the whole story together, so i'm starting from the beginning.  The next few books will be the entire HP series all seven.  So, just in case you have lived under a rock  for the past 10 years, this is the orphans dream book.  Harry the orphan finds out he is a famous wizard after living with hateful family members for the first eleven years of his life.  He finds that in another world, not only was he important, but so were his parents. After attending a magical school Harry finds he is constantly reassured of how much his dead parents really loved him and what having a family is really like.  I liked this series the first time I read it at 13 and now after reading it as an adult I can safely say I still enjoyed it.  Books always go more in depth of course than movies and I liked the ending in the book so much better because it was more eventful!  The main characters had to show a little more confidence in their knowledge of magic in the book version which I think adds to their characters as a whole. It is only slightly ridiculous that the greatest wizards in this school set up several of the "hardest" obstacles they could come up with; in order to guard something so important, but a group of first year students were able to get thru these obstacles with relative ease. On another note, despite previous opinions I do not see how this book could damage the psyche of americas youth.  The violence level is PG at best and written well for the age demographic aimed at.  Fortunately the story it is not overly young for avid fantasy/magic lovers.


Good for  magic buffs young and old

Rating--1

No comments:

Post a Comment