Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Plot Summary
OK  HP 3. I'll have to say I remember very little about this book from the first time that I read it and am a little surprised to say I liked this book pretty well.  I watched the movie and it was so horrible I thought the book would be...bleh like the second book was.  Not true! While there is no appearance of Voldermort himself, the book was more about learning at school and on the Quiddich field, but I was not disappointed in the storyline at all or lose motivation to continue reading on like in some sequels.  I liked this story because it developed more of Harry as a character than the previous books.  He has time to have a life at school, or at least you hear more about it and, not only do you get more development with Harry but also with the teachers. Knowing that a very dangerous person is after you and randomly shows up everywhere you are is enough to make for enough suspense through this building of characters.  If I thought some crazy mad man was looking for me and showed up in my bedroom i'd freak out and pee myself, seriously.  The ending does not let down for a huge climax and triumph as the other two books so overall good read.  Do not let the awefulness of the movie deter your chance at a good read.  On the kid side of things I would say the graphic death quota went up.  This book actually addresses an autopsy and mailing missing appendages to a family.  So beware of children if you are anal about violence or you have a really young reader. (under 8?) 



Good read for PG magic fans

Rating~~1 

3 comments:

  1. Great review Kathleen, as usual. I had a couple of requests if you don't mind taking some feedback: The font, I believe it is "Covered by Your Grace", it's pretty hard on the eyes, maybe something more serifed and non-decorative, would be easier to read. It kind of hurts my eyes and I usually end up copying and moving it into notepad to read. If you want a suggestion for a google webfont compatible with blogspot, my personal suggestion would be "Enriqueta." My other request, really more of an inquiry, I was wondering if you are planning on reviewing anything by Emilio Salgari in the near future. I would love to see your thoughts on any of those works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u for the feedback! I changed the font to something less curvy to see if this makes things easier and I darkened the font a little too. In response to your question, that is an author I acctually haven't heard of. I will look into him and see how hard it is to find a book by and italian author who only has some works in english =-/ it sounds kinda jungle bookish and that may lead to an interesting read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, this font works much better for me :D I can't wait to read more in the future. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete