Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Girl Who Chased the Moon



The Girl Who Chased the Moon
This book I got mostly because I wanted another book by this author(which I haven't read yet) and thought that I would sample some of her other work.  I like fantasy so this seemed to be a good choice involving a magical small town in my now home of North Carolina.  I don't remember what section of the book store I picked this up from originally, but after reading the book's love story I imagine it was placed in the junior reading section.  Not that I have a problem I'm a fan of  Harry Potter and Twilight I was only slightly disappointed to find the main relationships revolve around a high school student and the previous events in a 30 somethings teen years.  The magic of moonlight, delicious cakes (which they give you recipes too in the back), love lost, is enthralling and very hard to set aside at bed time or any other mundane task of life.  What I was mostly disappointed in, in this book was that it contained all the classic cliches of  a preteen girls fantasies.  How high school will haunt you forever and that life never moves on from it, that the bad things that happen are never really what they seem everyone is good and the power of the first kiss.  It was a nice comparison to the horrors of high school as your past and your present.  In reality women of today's world grow out of this mentality as the high school years fade away, once in a blue moon (cliche?) it is nice to relive that childish part of your life that you though would forever define you.
 

and they all lived happily ever after... ideally for teen girls but a good read and source of cake recipes ;)

Rating--4

No comments:

Post a Comment