Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

State of Wonder

State of Wonder Plot Summary 
 I just finished another book and it definitely was not what I expected.  I haven't really decided if I liked the book, but it was interesting.  This book is more on the scientific side and in no way an action packed or even sprinkled book.  If you're looking for a book that you just cannot put down this is not that book.  This was a book you can read when you have other things going on like waiting for an appointment or the laundry to finish.  It was very easy to set down and pick back up at will.  This was a slow paced book almost like the ebb and flow of the river that the story centers around.  On that note the location and research mixed with the natives are what we made the book worth reading.  The descriptions were well done and there were relatable characters that also carried my interest.  If you went to college you would have had a teacher like at least one of these scientists, if you were a science student you may have had them all.  Unfortunately, there is no real climax and I was rather disappointed in how the book ended.  Not so much as to damn the book to my never read again category but when the story ended I was scratching my head in a bad way.  The main reason for my disappointment was a problem I have run into before, the author wrapped up the ending too quickly causing an abundance of unanswered questions most in the last 7-10 pages.  I really hate when they do that, just "oh I'm tired of writing so let's just end it abruptly".  I seriously doubt there will be a sequel so there are these questions forever unanswered.

Rating ~ 3

No comments:

Post a Comment