Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz Plot Summary
**Major Motion Picture**

I read this book several months ago and realized that I didn't write about it! How I missed it I don't know but I am remedying that oversight right now.  First of all do not go into this book thinking of the movie; the book was much stranger,  more Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland strange than Disney AiW. (If that makes since to anyone other then me)  Like in AiW its all a dream so you get some very interesting characters in the mix, but it gets kinda creepy toward the end.  I finally get the lions, tigers, and bears reference because you learn of all the scary critters in that forest or a combination of the three.  I really like the use of color in the book, p.s. Dorothy's shoes were really silver, but I was sad to see that the horse of all colors was absent from the book.  All the towns based on the cardinal directions have their own base color not just the emerald city.  Also in the book Dorothy is way more independent and a little spiteful to the wicked witch and I find that pretty awesome she is brave and doesn't just succumb to the witch's tricks she is a fighter.  There is so much more explanation in the book especially about the trips made by the characters; to the city, to the witches, and back, then the attempted journey home.  They meet many disturbingly creative creatures, people, and situations along the way this book definitely does not lack diversity!

good for goth type read

Rating~~3

No comments:

Post a Comment