Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden Plot Summary
This is the good sitting around passing the time book, it could also be added to the rainy day library and the children's bedtime story library.  All very important but the children's story being the most appropriate.  This is a book that was good for adults to read but so descriptive that it sparks a kids imagination and interest in nature.  In fact, kinda made me want to start a garden and watch things grow ad become pretty.  The story revolves around two sort of orphans and their struggle to get through their problems together and become normal kids.  The kids growing with the garden was a nice touch.   It did get a little long in places, but it was very relaxing, like doing yoga for the mind...lol.  It did leave a few holes that the many movies had to fill in for me; for example the book said something about a tree in the garden being shaped  like a chair and  the other kids didn't want to explain it's significance to Colin but the author didn't say why.  This was mildly annoying because if you are going to add something then explain what the significance to the story is, from watching the movies I know the significance of the tree but not from the book itself which kind of blows.  I also thought that the story ended a little abruptly I would have liked to see more but English literature was never the happily ever after kind of writing and I shouldn't expect every book to be that way I guess =/ 


Good for kids and to relax

Rating~~2

No comments:

Post a Comment