Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Water For Elephants

Water For Elephants Plot Summary
** Major Motion Picture**

So the authors website is covered in advertisement for the movie unfortunately but the synopsis is still there.  I have heard like always that the movie sucked in comparison to the book.  Upon first finishing this book I thought "that was not as great as I thought it would be.."  but after thinking about it and going over the book again as a whole I decided that I really did like it more than I originally thought.  I think my original problem was the description of the treatment of the animals in the circus.  Afterwards I realized that that was just the way things used to be back in the day.  After getting past my initial dislike of this, I could better appreciate the actual story happening.  It was the typical story and anyone who has ever read a chick book or watched a chick movie will know how this ends but the crazy things that people did for money leading up to it is quite intriguing.  I don't think it was based on a true story but it is one of those stories that you feel like could have happened or was an accurate example of what really went on behind the scenes.  I liked the way the main character developed relationships with his patients and that they take on a true character of the book.  You feel empathy for all of them like you would a human character.  The bad guy is also portrayed quite well and you just can't help to hate him.  Overall a great read not sure if I will reread it but was definitely worth your time. 
Rating~~2

No comments:

Post a Comment