Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore

Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore Synopsis
So I totally splurged and bought a bunch of books recently, so hopefully I will be able to get them all read and more reviews for whoever is still reading!

 This one I think I enjoyed, I know how that sounds but I just couldn't decide.  So Mr. Penumbra lands right in the middle.  The good parts included the book store and the mystery surrounding it's purpose.  Its a secret society kind of thing but for big code nerds.  This of course means there was a lot of computer stuff that I didn't much understand.  I tended to check out when they were going over the computer programming stuff which may have caused me to miss more than I meant to in the story. That was not really the authors fault though, it's mine for being a cyber dud.  During the computer stuff was when my indecision occurred,  the story was not bad I just didn't get it, which means I had trouble staying interested.  Overall, I would say this book was a good way to spend my time I don't feel like I lost out on anything. I just wouldn't consider it one my my favorites.  That doesn't mean I won't suggest it to someone who may get more out of it than I did.



Rating~~ 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment