Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

City of Dark Magic

City of Dark Magic Plot Summary
So, I found this in a box of books at my mom's house.  It had a bargain sticker on it from Barnes and Noble and I see how it ended up there.  This was not a bad book it had a good story, it was just missing something.  I don't know what exactly, I just couldn't into it, it was missing that hook that made me care what happened to the characters or follow them to the end.  The girl was kind of a slut bag and the boy/girl aspect was predictable.  The story on a stretch highlights the addictiveness of drugs, real or imaginary, and what people will risk for them.  I will say though, magical toenails is really pushing it even for me, not to mention really freakin gross.

 I am beginning to wonder if maybe I am a little harsh on these writers.  Am I making bad choices in books or becoming more difficult to entertain?  Ever since that horrible Laurell K Hamilton book nothing I have read has been worth it.  She better not have ruined my love for fantasy.  This book I finished weeks ago, but I was bored just writing the review for the book.   I would say if you run across this is a book store keep skimming the shelves.  If your're in an airport faced with this or Kim Kardishian's  biography then go ahead a grab this, i'm sure this will keep you interested longer.  When I was looking for the information for this book I saw the author has written a sequel.  This is a series I will not be continuing.

Rating ~~5

No comments:

Post a Comment