Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Swallowing Darkness

Swallowing Darkness Plot Summary
Finally!  Merry finally finds a pair of balls in this book.  It's amazing what maternal instinct can do.  This book was much more tolerable than the more recent books; Merry annoyed me much less, the end fight was awesome, and she whined about Frost less which was nice.  I think what happened with him was kind of ridiculous she didn't end up having to sacrifice anything that she really wanted.  That is not really a sacrifice.  Yet, no one asked me and I guess we want happily ever after =/. bleh...this is not happily ever after kind of content.  Any way she finally has her fathers which once again she got everyone she wanted so no sacrifice there either.  I want to be this chick she has a goddess backing her up, a ton of hot men who all adore her, everyone wanting her to be a queen, and she can say she is mortal till she is blue in the face but that does not seem to be the case.  She should have died several times up to and including times in this book.  She can heal and turns out blow people up!  She gets a really cool new weapon that sadly she will hardly ever use, mostly because she is afraid of the power that it is linked to, but it's there none the less.  The Seelie court is going down in flames because of her idiot Uncle and his delusions.  Seems like everything is working out nicely for her.  Not everything is rainbows and puppy dogs though, she did get raped and that was horrible but at least she didn't have to remember any of it.  This whole book took place over the span of 1 day so if the author keeps up this time line those babies won't be born until book 300!  I want to see what the babies come out looking like, with a mix of daddies like that they will be major powerful and very colorful.  We see some minor squabbling with some of the men because they still have to share, but that idea is quickly put to bed by Merry.  Overall, best book compared to the last few.  Only one more book left to read until the newest comes out in June.  I thought the series would keep me busy until the new one was released but I guess I liked them to much to pace myself.  Oops.  What will I do until then?  


Rating~~1

No comments:

Post a Comment