Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dead until Dark

Dead until Dark Plot Summary 
Happy New Year all!! This marks the year that the Sookie Stackhouse series comes to an end via author Charlaine Harris.  So I figured I'd start at the beginning so that I can appreciate the series in proper sequence finally, the author swears Sookie will never become a vampire lets see if she sticks to her word.
 I love this book series, which means, I have been disappointed in the True Blood series (only in relation to the book I like the show).  Anyway not the point, this is book one in the Sookie Stackhouse tales; this was my second time reading the book and I can still say that I really liked it.  Down side: I don't remember Sookie being so damsel in distress in the early books; i guess she took time to become more badass.  You have to be open minded because sometimes the story borders on a little cheezy with vampires "coming out," telepathy, and Bubba but I think that was what made me wanna keep reading.  I will say Bubba is one of my favorite characters in this series, but this may just be my natural bias because of my mid-south heritage, unfortunately he got off to a bad start in this book.  Vampire Bill is so old world and traditional with his idea of courting and taking care of your girl; its sweet in a stetford kind of way.  Up side: there is no lack of sex or violence in this book so if you are looking for fight scenes and murder sprinkled with a little kinky sex than look no further.  Its sign of a good story when you are quickly invested in the future of the characters by page 100 and are bummed when something happens.  Good writing overall I look forward to continuing the series and see how deep Sookie sinks.

Note: I have not read the most recent Sookie book so I am not sure how it is ending.  Also because Sookie ends up in the hospital, mortally wounded, or bruised and beaten more than her share I have decied to be tacky and add a Sookie Stackhous ass Kicking Talley for each book lets see if she really does get more bad ass.

Good for the adult vampire experience

Rating~~ 1

   Butt Kicked by                   Butt Kicked by                 Butt Kicked by
      Rattrays                               Killer                              Long Shadow






No comments:

Post a Comment