Note to reader!

I try not to reveal too much of the book's major plots but some times I can't help it to give an overall idea of what I personally thought. I try not to ruin the book for anyone and sorry if I do so. Any of the books I write about have been read recently so that the review is fresh in my mind. Some books I will reread and post again later but if you have a request let me know, it will take me a while to go through my library again.

Also I try very hard to find the cover art from the actual book that I have some times this is not possible and I may result to a more common known cover. At no time will I ever post a book cover with a movie poster on it I like the originality and imagination of books movies just ruin what the readers imagination is capable of creating.

Rating Scale: The books I post here will be set on a rating scale. The scale being from 1-5 one being most likely to read again and 5 being least likely to read again.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sarah's Key

Sarah's Key Plot Summary
So here is my most recent find.  Before this I tried to read catcher in the rye and for the life of me I could not get through it so I moved on to something I found to be more interesting.  This book was suggested to me by a friend after talking about the Zookeepers Wife and a morbid interest in stories from the Holocaust.  This I will say is an excellent book.  Loved it had trouble putting it down and actually chose to read this book over watching Law and Order SVU which is an accomplishment.  It was one of those stories that your really really want it to end with ..."happily ever after", but its just not that kind of story and it would not be as good if it had.  This story starts out following a little girl in France through her horrible experience at concentration camps, hiding, loss of family in cruelest of ways.  The parallel story to this started with a journalist covering a simple anniversary story but the story comes to this journalist in a very volatile time in her life in modern day France.  After hearing the heart wrenching tale of what the French police did to all the Jews in Paris, and  more specifically this young girl, she makes it her mission to find out what happened to the little girl.  While being quite sad I would suggest this book for those who are interested in fact mixed with fiction.


Good for a historical fiction read

Rating--2 

1 comment:

  1. You should give Catcher in the Rye another chance, from personal experience, I loved it. It takes a lot of time to build up a relationship with the characters, but it's worth it if you can make it to the end.

    ReplyDelete